When buying a first home, the San Bernardino County Golden State Finance Authority MCC Program could save a first time homebuyer thousands of dollars each year. Unlike an income tax deduction, the San Bernardino County Golden State Finance Authority MCC is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in “federal income taxes owed.” The credit is equal to 20% of the annual mortgage interest paid. The remaining mortgage interest (80%) continues to qualify as an itemized deduction. The tax credit also helps increase a homebuyer’s disposable income and in-turn assists them when qualifying for the initial mortgage loan. The tax credit can be taken year-after-year, as long as the homeowner continues to live in the home and pay mortgage interest. Plus, any unused credit can be carried forward up to three years.


Connect with a Loan Officer

Loan Officer Thomas Johnston

Loan Officer Thomas Johnston | NMLS# 1583463; Arizona, California, Oregon, Texas and Washington

Thomas is your mortgage loan originator, who works side by side with a strong team that shares the same devotion to excellence.
Experienced, knowledgeable, and always up to date on the industry's latest products, Thomas strives to exceed the customers' expectations in each and every transaction.

Do you have any questions? Please call 866-610-6025


Agency Target vs Non-Target Tax Credit Household size: 1-2 Household size: 3+ Purchase Price Limits First Time Application Fee Property Type

San Bernadino County Golden State Finance Authority-MCC

Target
20%
$76,680
$76,680
$336,140
Yes
$350.00 standalone, waived if using a GSFA 1st
SFR detached & atttached, Condo/Townhome, *1-4 units,* Manufactured & *Mobile homes, * see guidelines for specifics
Non-Target 20%
$84,000
$89,460
$410,840
No
$350.00 standalone, waived if using a GSFA 1st
SFR detached & atttached, Condo/Townhome, *1-4 units,* Manufactured & *Mobile homes, * see guidelines for specifics

Connect with a Loan Officer

Loan Officer Thomas Johnston

Loan Officer Thomas Johnston | NMLS# 1583463; Arizona, California, Oregon, Texas and Washington

Thomas is your mortgage loan originator, who works side by side with a strong team that shares the same devotion to excellence.
Experienced, knowledgeable, and always up to date on the industry's latest products, Thomas strives to exceed the customers' expectations in each and every transaction.

Do you have any questions? Please call 866-610-6025

San Bernadino County Golden State Finance Authority-MCC is available in the following areas/cities


Browse for additional mortgage experience in other cities with products and services provided by übermortgage.