General Program Requirements
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a Native American/American Indian in the process of buying a home that will be your primary residence. You or your family member(s) must also be enrolled in a federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native village.
This program provides home ownership opportunities to Native Americans, Tribes, Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs), and Indian Housing Authorities on Indian land, through a guaranteed mortgage loan program available through private financial institutions.
Home buying in the city of [[City]] is an important step in life, and it’s a great idea to be as prepared as possible. There are home buying classes and counseling sessions available in nearly every state.
Understanding all the necessary steps of loan approval also helps expedite the loan approval process, and some Tribes even reward financial assistance to those who attend.
Fixed Rate Financing with market rate of interest. Length of Loan is 30 years or less. Payments are made monthly. The maximum loan amount is 150% of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) lending limits for the area. There are no prepayment penalties.
How do I know if I am eligible?
Section 184 Home Loan Guarantee is reserved for members of Native American and Alaskan tribes, so to receive a Section 184 loan you must be an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe. Verification or tribal enrollment will be necessary upon application for a Section 184 loan. Enrollment decisions are made solely by the tribal government. Typically your tribe will provide a card or a letter proving your enrollment status.
What are the Benefits of Section 184 loans?
- Low Down Payment: 2.25% on loans over $50,000
- Lower Monthly and Upfront Mortgage Insurance than other programs.
- Safe: All Section 184 loans are reasonable and affordable, with reviewed fees and structured appropriately.
- Experienced staff: We have the most experienced staff in the industry, with thousands of successful Section 184 loans approved.
- Low Interest Rates: based on the market, not the applicant’s credit score
- Steady: Although America has seen a drop in mortgage lending; Section 184 loans, since they are guaranteed by the Federal Government, have stayed healthy and productive.
Where is the Section 184 Eligible?
The participating Tribes are allowed to determine where Section 184 is Eligible. Section 184 is state wide in some, while in other states it’s limited to specific counties.
Section 184 Indian Home Loan is available in the following areas/cities
Browse for additional mortgage experience in other cities with products and services provided by übermortgage.